2500 Crane Centre Drive, Streetsboro, Ohio 44241
(330)562-9000 • 1(800) 837-3789 • (330) 562-1100 Fax
Ultra-Met® Pipe - Technical Summary
Hardness Range: 480-650 BHN at the ID
Forms: Straight or formed pipe
Consult your local St. Lawrence Sales Rep for sizes, shapes and wall thickness
Ultra-Met® Pipe - Approved Welding Rod and Wire
Ultra-Met Pipe can be welded with low hydrogen electrodes on the OD carbon steel base. Studs can also be welded to the carbon steel base plate.
1. AWS E70XX, E80XX and E90XX shielded metal-arc electrodes have been successful for submerged-arc and gas metal arc wire, when welding to the carbon base plate. Low hydrogen flux is also recommended.
2. For butt weld, use St. Lawrence Welding wire 100-W-IM (gas shielded metal arc) or 200-W-ACF (open arc)
Ultra-Met® Pipe - Recommended material processing
We strongly recommend the use of St. Lawrence Steel’s fabrication services to eliminate errors in the processing and fabrication with Ultra-Met® Pipe.
Ultra-Met® Pipe can be thermally cut with oxygen-fuel and plasma-cutting techniques. The minimum recommended plate temperature should be +60° F.
Shearing, punching, or machining is not recommended. We recommend the use of St. Lawrence Steel’s fabrication services to eliminate errors in the processing and fabrication with Ultra-Met® steel plates.
Ultra-Met® Chromium Carbide Overlay Pipe
Ultra-Met pipe is recommended for severe sliding abrasion applications. The result is a surface possessing an excellent combination of high resistance to erosion, severe abrasion and moderate impact strength.
• The hardness of the structure of the inner surface is
typically 58 – 62Rc
• Max Temperature = 1250°F (676°C)
Ultra-Met overlay can be formed into pipe sections, mitered pipe bends, and fabricated
fittings. Ultra-Met pipe has exhibited wear resistance; up to 8 times the life of mild steel.
Overlayed pipe can be used in conjunction with induction hardened pipe or Alumina
Ceramic lined pipe within the total system to afford the additional abrasion
resistance needed in areas of extreme turbulence and wear.
• Mitered Bends, Reducers, Tees, Transitions, Wyes, and
• Ends – Straight pipe standard, Flange, Mechanical Coupling and Weld Ring options are
available on request.
• Pipe – Custom diameters are available on request.
Copyright 2013. St. Lawrence Steel. All rights reserved.